Settling In - Listowel, North Kerry

I moved again. Norther, and finally right into nature. I finally have a proper space to create and the surrounding puts me in the right head space to feel free to experiment and to do what I planned for a long time, both with photography and myself.
I finally go for a lot of walks. I can walk down to the river through the field in front of the house and enjoy a quiet and peaceful sunset. I can lay down on the grass and watch the stars listening to the baby foxes howling down in the woods. I can grow my own vegetables and herbs. I can have all the locations I want for shooting and finally have a darkroom. I don't know if it's just the initial enthusiasm of a new situation, but I feel reborn.
Funny enough, while I was unpacking my boxes I found an old letter from my best friend where she was writing "I can't image you in a city like Dublin. You belong to the wood, just like me". She was right. No other places made me feel safe the way I feel here. This house makes me feel home. This place, its woods and fields makes me feel home.




























Comments

Popular Posts