Italy, March 2019

I was back in Italy for a few days in March. This trip was emotionally exhausting for me but also liberating on the other side. I lost a very important person back in September, and being back for the first time to the place where our friendship was born was very overwhelming.
This time I didn't shoot the way I wanted, but I allowed myself to take time with things and not to force something that I don't feel while looking through the viewfinder. However I feel that the pictures I took really helped me processing and accept some of things in my head, and this is the reason why I love photography. For its ability of offering a different perspective, a way from which we can also perceive things differently.

"Memory is a distortion since memory is invariably and inevitably selective. A way of seeing is a way of not seeing, a way of remembering is a way of forgetting too". (Daniel L. Schacter)

















Comments

Popular Posts